Service as a Reviewer
- SIGGRAPH Asia 2009 Education Programme Paper Reviewer, Juror and Mentor.
- Computers & Graphics, An International Journal of Systems & Applications in Computer Graphics, reviewer for SIGGRAPH ASIA 2009 Best Education Papers, Special Issue.
- Short listed video entries for COMGRAPH 2006 – computer generated imagery and animated film festival run by Singapore SIGGRAPH.
- Research+Art Exhibition DIME-ARTS 2006 – jurored selection for the art show http://www.dime2006.org/ Rangsit University, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Chaired short listing review committee for video entries for COMGRAPH’s ImageReel in 2005 – computer generated imagery and animated film festival run by Singapore SIGGRAPH.
To the University
- URECA Faculty Advisor (2008-2011)
- VICE CHAIR of the Research Grant Administration Support in Schools Committee, co-authored the final report submitted to the Research Support Office (RSO)
- Research Committee Member, Worked on arranging with Wahlian Pte Ltd and their local subsidiary Tornado Entertainment (http://www.tornado-ent.com/) an arcade/entertainment center, to draft Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the establishment of a Center (for interactive research) at the School of Art, Design & Media.
- Animation FYP Committee 2010-11, 2008-09, 2010-11
- Research Committee 2009-10, 2008-09
- Reappointment Review Committee 2009-10, 2008-09
- URECA Faculty Advisor 2009-10, 2008-09
Singapore Corporation of Rehabilitative Enterprises (SCORE) Special Recognition Award 2008 – Special Recognition Award Yellow Ribbon Celebrating Second Chances Awards 2008, Saturday, 6 Sept 08, in recognition of work done with inmates in the Singapore prison system.
“Creative Learning with Storytelling” current – Teaching Creative in the Singapore Prison System at Kaki Bukit Prison School in collaboration with and Coordinated with SCORE (Singapore Corporation of Rehabilitative Enterprises), this project is part of the “Yellow Ribbon Project” promoting skills and creative learning with storytelling in Machinima for the student inmates as part of their rehabilitation. Part of the Yellow Ribbon Project.
Service to Professional Bodies
- SIGGRAPH Asia 2013 Hong Kong, Art Gallery Programme Chair, a top tier conference, ACM SIGGRAPH Conference and Exhibition on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques in Asia opens in Hong Kong on 19 – 22 November 2013.
- SIGGRAPH Asia 2014, Art Gallery Programme Steering Committee Chair, a top tier conference, ACM SIGGRAPH Conference and Exhibition on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques in Asia opens in Shenzhen China in November of 2014.
- Served on a protem committee steering the initial proposal for SIGGRAPH in Asia 2008 – held in Singapore during December 2008.
- Served as a board member of the Singapore SIGGRAPH – a local branch of the ACM SIGGRAPH a special interest group in computer graphics and interactivity that gives talks promoting computer generated imagery and techniques.
- SIGGRAPH Asia 2008 Educators Programme Chair, The first ACM SIGGRAPH Conference and Exhibition on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques in Asia opens in Singapore on 10 December 2008.
- ImageReel 2005 – Conducted a short presentation as a member of Singapore SIGGRAPH and NTU/ADM in a public forum at the National Youth Park.
Service to Society/Local Industry
- Working with Multi-plAtform Game Innovation Centre (MAGIC) to develop start-up companies utilizing locally incubated talent and technology, 2012-13.
- External Examiner for Ngee Ann Polytechnic’s School of InfoComm Technology (ICT) for two terms running from AY 2009-10 through 2012-13.
- Eurographics Educators Program Juror, 2009.
- Consulted with Haptek Inc. (1995) regarding appropriate methods to use for creating technology that would result in real-time web based agents.
- ASIFA Hollywood & ASIFA Educators, I contribute to online discussions regarding computer animation education.
- ACM SIGGRAPH – I was a board member of the ACM SIGGRAPH Local Chapter sixth management team from 2005 to 2009. Protem steering committee for initial proposal to bring the SIGGRAPH conference to Asia. SIGGRAPH Asia 2008, Initiated with a small team of local and international academic and researchers SIGGRAPH Asia 2008 and the idea of subsequent and upcoming conferences.
- Chaired the SIGGRAPH Asia 2008 Educators Program (the inagural conference) held in Singapore.
- Currently Chairing the SIGGRAPH Asia Art Gallery 2013 Hong Kong.
- Currently on the steering committee for SIGGRAPH Asia 2014 Art Gallery.
Celebrating Second Chances Awards 2008
At the Yellow Ribbon “Celebrating Second Chances Awards 2008” Ceremony held Saturday, 6 Sept 08. I received an a National Award in recognition of the research inspired volunteer work done with inmates in the Singapore prison system. Done as part of “Creating Socially Relevant Content in the Digital Animation Form” RCC2/ADM 5k Grant 2006 and “Don’t Do That, Do This” Exploring Real-Time Authoring Toolsets and Addressing Socially Relevant Issues with the Medium of Digital Animation an NTU Funded Start Up Grant (SUG) and research project.